Code Of Conduct
Updated Friday May 4, 2018 by OPSL West Mississauga.
The West Mississauga Soccer Club Codes of Conduct establishes a clear set of guidelines and principles for all coaches, players and parents / guardians within the Club. The primary goal of the Codes of Conduct is to ensure that we create a learning environment that is fun, positive, safe and enjoyable, while adhering to the principles of the West Mississauga Soccer Club Player Development Philosophy. These guidelines and codes are based on the Canadian Soccer Association Fair Play codes. The Codes of Conduct is based on the concept of fair play, defined by five basic principles:
- Respect for the Laws of the game
- Respect for the referees and their decisions
- Respect for all participants, including team‐mates, coaches and opponents
- Equal participation
- Maintaining self‐control at all times
Coaches should read and discuss all the Codes of Conduct with all members of your team. It is a condition of continuing Club membership that all members follow the Codes of Conduct at all times. Players and coaches will be judged based on their performances on and off the field of play, as an individual and as a member of a team. Their personal conduct, both in and out of competition, reflects upon the Club and their teams image and it is the responsibility of the players and coaches to safeguard the reputation and pride of those who they represent.
- The Player agrees to dress and wear appropriate attire whenever he/she are representing the West Mississauga Soccer Club, and to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that will be a credit to the Club.
- Respect and consideration must be shown towards all West Mississauga Soccer Club staff, Technical Staff, public and all volunteers who are involved in hosting a game or tournament.
- Players are reminded that in most instances, they are guests and should always conduct themselves as such.
- Players must adhere to any rules set out by the West Mississauga Soccer Club and the coaching staff governing curfew at all functions and events.
- The use of tobacco, consumption or possession of alcohol and illegal substances will not be tolerated. Zero tolerance is in effect.
- The Coach agrees to dress and wear appropriate attire whenever he/she is representing the West Mississauga Soccer Club, and to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that will be a credit to the Club.
- Respect and consideration must be shown towards all West Mississauga Soccer Club Staff, public volunteers who are involved in hosting a game or tournament.
- Coaches must adhere to any rules set out by West Mississauga Soccer Club .
- The use of tobacco, consumption or possession of alcohol and illegal substances while in the presence of players is not allowed.
- The Coach must agree, in writing, to adhere to the West Mississauga Soccer Club Codes of Conduct and Ethics as described in this document.
Fair Play Code of Conduct - Players
- I will do my best to participate because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to
- I will play by the rules and in the spirit of the game
- I will control my temper – fighting and “mouthing off” can spoil the activity for everybody
- I will come to the field expecting to have fun
- I will make sure that my wants are communicated to my coach
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving skills and making friends are also important
Try Your Hardest!
- I will work hard in practice on all drills
- I will play my hardest on game days
- If I am tired, I will ask for a substitution
- I will try my best to come ready for practices and games will come and support my team rain or shine
- I will encourage my team mates and not get mad at them or laugh at them if they make mistakes
- I will encourage the other team whether we are winning or loosing
- I will listen to the referee and accept their decisions regardless of whether the call was right or wrong
- I will be quiet and listen to my coach when he is giving instruction
- I will play the position my coach asks me to in a game
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.